Tuesday, May 22, 2012

whoa, life...slow down a little!

Blogging has fallen down on my priority list.  Waaaay down.  Friends, I don't think I've ever been so busy in my life.  This week is our big garage sale, so we're getting ready to sell almost all of our stuff.  It's freeing and fun...except for coming up with prices for things.  I don't love that part and negotiating with people over prices.  Not fun!  I'd really appreciate your prayers! 


One thing I LOVE about Waco is that you can get just about anywhere in 10 minutes.  And traffic is basically non-existent.  I hope I can remember how to drive when we get back to Atlanta in a couple weeks.  I NEVER have to think about what time of day it is here or padding my trip for traffic.  In 2 years here, I think I've encountered 2 or 3 aggressive drivers.  It's one of the many things I love here. 


But it gets better...our neighborhood (while occasionally sketchy but always exciting!) is set up in blocks.  Which means I can constantly drive new ways to get places and see new houses.   These 3 doors are my favorite front doors in Waco.  They make me smile when I drive by, and I'm so thankful for these nice owners!  Maybe a turquoise door is in my future!!


I thought it was a great idea to snap pictures of these houses until Zach asked me, "Mom, is this legal?"  Then I felt slightly stalkerish, but it was worth it to remember some of my favorite views of Waco!!  I mean, something's gotta make up for the cars with male body parts hanging from back bumpers that I have to look at in the carpool line at Z's school!  :-) 



For mother's day, we visited some of my favorite spots in Waco, and it was a BLAST!!  We went to the farmer's market and got crepes.  If you haven't been, you've GOTTA go!  We also went to Homestead and walked around and enjoyed some outside time together.


It's bittersweet to leave here.  Such precious friendships and community.  This place is so dear to our hearts, and we look forward to getting to come back!  But it's sweet to look forward to Atlanta (traffic and all)! 


3 comments:

  1. smiling here, from Zach's comment and the male body parts on cars...saw one of those just the other day. good grief!!

    i can see why these doors make you smile!

    you are taking away such wonderful memories and incredible friendships...those are forever things. and amazing adventures await you guys!

    so glad i will get to spend some time with you before you leave.

    love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many changes and transitions! Praying for you all.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love y'all and am praying for you- so many different emotions I'm sure and thankful that we can be a part of the journey. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments around here! Thanks so much for taking the time to say howdy to us!