Wednesday, July 24, 2013

change is on the way

By the time Hannah was 10 days old, we knew that change was probably on the way.  By the time she was 3 weeks old, we knew we would moving to another country.  So much change happened so quickly.  We did our best to say goodbyes and soak up time with people we love so much.
 
Catie, Rebekah, Anna, and I went out for pedicures.  And the girls got Henna done.  This was just a couple days before our friends left the country.
 
 
And when they left, we went, too.  John, Hannah and I went with them to check out our new country.
Here's some of us at the airport.  This moment was pretty intense, and it brings back a lot of emotion just looking at the picture.
 
We all made it onto the plane, and Hannah got to go on her first international flight when she was just 3 months old!!  Please notice that she wore something with her feet covered so that I would be fussed at as little as possible.  : )
 
We did lots of meetings and talking and praying and checking out schools and houses in our 3-day-trip, and we squeezed in a date night, too!  : )
 
We got to go to the beach for 5 minutes.  I didn't even know there was a beach here!!
 
We headed back "home" after 3 days, and our friends headed to the US for a sabbatical.
Time to start packing.  I laughed that I coincidently started packing with box #1...which means it was the first box I started packing when I packed up our house in Waco, too.
 
A new Chili's opened close to our house, so we went out for a family fun night.  They left the pepper costume in the play area, so Zach put it on.  So much hilarity ensued.  We laughed and laughed.  Here's Zach-the-pepper chasing Jake.
 
And then more goodbyes...to people we love so much!
We went out to this fun place with some friends.
 
We had a cookout with some other wonderful friends.
 
This sweet friend came over and helped me several times, and I loved squeezing in every moment with her that I could get.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing time for your family. It's an honor to pray along with you each step of the way. prov. 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments around here! Thanks so much for taking the time to say howdy to us!