Saturday, August 30, 2014

new beginnings

I've been absent from the blog this year.  Life was way too raw, and sharing it...well, I didn't even have my own words to share in the secret places of my heart.  I certainly didn't have the words to type out to the world and hit publish.  Oh, God has done some amazing stuff in the last couple years.  When He's moving and shaking us and driving the foundation of His truth and love deeper into our hearts and lives, it's not always easy to see.  But in hindsight, the view is pretty spectacular.  And I'm starting to see the view behind us...the last two years...as something glorious, sacred, and holy.  Even beautiful.

(photo cred:  my beautiful friend, Stephany!)

I don't know if I'll ever become a regular blogger.  But I'm hoping over the next weeks and months to share some bits of the journey with you guys.  Tonight as I drove around Waco and pondered, I teared up again thinking about who I am.  Thinking about my weaknesses.  Thinking about how He gets ALL the glory for the story of my life.


He took a girl who is naturally so fearful that I hated going into my house alone at night when John wasn't there and turned me into someone willing to launch out to the unknown; to move with my husband and kiddos to the Middle East; to walk through some wild times over there.  Only God can do that in someone's life.  And only He can take the desert places and bring growth!  Hosea 2:14  "But then I will win her back once again.  I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her there."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments around here! Thanks so much for taking the time to say howdy to us!